Yummy Vegan Carrot Dogs
Vegan Carrot Dogs are ridiculously delicious. It surprises me every time I make them. I do not want my dogs to taste exactly like carrots; therefore, I do a 24 hour prep or so to make them taste more like a "hot dog" than anything. These babies are packed in Vitamin A and I like to make them when I do not feel like being in the kitchen for too long! You wanted the recipe, so here we go!
- 1 Pot
- 1 Med/Large Sandwich bag
- 1 Skillet
- 7 Med Carrots
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Yellow Mustard and hot sauce mix (or just mustard, optional)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Liquid Smoke
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp Tuscan Seasoning
- Wash Carrots.
- Boil Carrots to a med low boil for 10-20 min. DO NOT OVER COOK THEM. Be sure they are tender enough to where a fork can go through them but not too easily.
- Carefully put the cooked carrots in the sandwich bag and add the sesame oil, yellow mustard/hot sauce mix, liquid smoke, and seasoning in the bag with the cooked carrots. Be sure to cover all your carrots with this mix and taste your seasoning to ensure everything meets your standards.
- Let the carrots marinade overnight.
- On the next day, get the skillet and add a little oil.
- Cook Carrots on med heat until slightly golden brown.
- Add your favorite hot dog toppings.
- Enjoy! :)
Let me know how your vegan carrot hot dogs taste!